Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dome Ring and Bearing

Fitted the rockler bearing to the frame and dome ring.  First I popped out all the plastic bushings from the bearing and drilled out all the holes.  Next I added 2" long 10-24 flat head SS bolts from underneath the center bearing and fitted with a washer and locknut.  Then I used a short piece of super blue vinyl tubing and another locknut that the dome ring will rest on.  This top nut can be ajusted up or down to make the bottom spacing of the dome ring perfect.  The only reason for the tubing is "robot bling".


This shot shows the dome ring resting on the top nut.  You can also see the socket head screw that fixes the bearing to the frame.
Finished frame with bearing and dome ring fitted.  The frame lifts off easily which is good because I plan on making the dome easily removable for transport.  I can use a few nuts on top of the frame ring to hold the dome on if it seems necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment