Sunday, September 5, 2010

3/4 Rear Door

I finished up the rear door skin.  Using JB Weld I filled in all the gaps in the rear side panels leaving the door pretty smooth inside.  I plan on finishing this so I can use it if I ever have a chance to get an autograph or two.  I want to be able to get the frame out of the way when I do this so I am going to bolt on the skin to the door frame.

This is the 3/4 rear door frame from my Com-8 frame.

Using my drill press I drilled and tapped 4-40 holes at each corned for the skin.  Matching holes were then drilled in the skin.  It was a bit tight edge drilling the frame but not too bad.

Here is the skin bolted into place.  The socket head bolts are temporary and I will probably use stainless button head screws for the final fit.

3/4 Door mounted up - looks great and it has given me some experience before I mount the main skins!

No comments:

Post a Comment