Monday, August 23, 2010

Foot Work

Finished up the feet today!  I removed the drive frames and tightened and locktited everything, adjusted the chains and re-installed.  I also spent some time getting the motor mount/motor in just the right place so I could fit the battery box over the motor.  I also installed the wire section through the ankle and bolted in the hose fittings and aluminum strips in place.

Fitting the battery box was tight.  I had to sand the tops of the motor a bit on each side to finally get it to clear.  I also need to space out the box just a bit from the foot as the fit around the bottom just wouldn't match up with it flush.  I used two studs that dropped into slots in the feet to hold the top edge on and two small bolts in the bottom to tighten in place.  Everything finally fit and looked great.  I also added the cylinders and other fittings while I was at it.  I am still missing a few parts (the battery box straps) but should have those soon.  I will also add the cables in a few days.

Bottom view shows the motor fit up in the box, the tight fit of the chains and overall layout.  I am pleased with how everything turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment