Friday, August 6, 2010

Outer Feet

My outer feet were also early versions so I had a metal shop cut out the sides so I can mount a motor drive system.  That steel is HARD and I just don't have the tools at home required to cut it.

This is the bottom of the foot showing the drive frame bolted it.  I will show a buiild up of the drive frames later.

This shows what the bolt heads that secure the drive frames look like from the outside.  Once I get it all painted it should not show up too much.

Outer shot of the foot with the details in place.  The reason I wanted to work on the feet now is that I am planning to get the foot parts powdercoated.  I think this will be a better, stronger finish than paint and my guess is that the feet will take a lot of abuse.  Also the steel rusts so the powdercoating should be better protection from that.  The feet are ready now so off I go to the powdercoating shop to see what thay can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment