Sunday, January 16, 2011

R2 Speaks

Along with getting the Holoprojectors and a few other detail parts finished up one of the other main projects was to get the sound working.  I found a nice small motorcycle amp on eBay and mounted it to a plastic panel on the inside left leg.  I bought a few cheap speakers and tried them but the sound was horrible.  On a hunch I dug around in my garage and found some old stereo speakers that I took apart.  These yeilded two PERFECT speakers that fit perfectly and sound fantastic.  I copied a few extra sound files off my Star Wars music CDs onto a thumb drive and wow!!


This shows the speakers installed on a plate that will be directly begind the front grills.


Also I finished up the Holoprojectors and installed them with a bit of JB Weld.  I still have to hook up the wiring but they look nice and the Dome now has a finished look.



This is an overall shot of what R2 looks like so far without the skins.  In order to get him to a ready to show state I need to wire up the Holoprojectors, add the Power Couplers and manufacture and install the coin returns.  Although the wiring works it's temporary so I need to do a bunch of wiring work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment